Welcome to Wisconsin Swim Academy
Hi… I’m Susie Van Ekeren, Wisconsin Swim Academy owner, lifelong swim enthusiast, and most importantly proud mom to a family of over 1,000 WSA kiddos and staff.
In 2008 I began teaching swim lessons from my backyard to earn money to pay for our pool heater. As a mother of 4 boys, safety was always a concern for my husband and me. And much like today, we started with small class sizes for 30-minute lessons and I served fresh-baked bread and coffee or tea to my moms every day as a treat! (Thanks Happy Bellies for your yummy treats too).
My passion for teaching and kids exploded with each lesson and 20 years later I still love seeing their excitement as they accomplish each new skill. We now have 60+ swim instructors, over 1,000 kiddos, splashy new digs we call home and we would be so happy to welcome you.
What makes Wisconsin Swim Academy special?
30 Minute Classes
3 Kiddos Per Class
Less is more. We optimize swim class experiences by scheduling a maximum of 3 students per class.
Our Core Values
These are what make us Servant Leaders!
- Positivity – We believe in making the conscious choice to have a positive mindset each and every day. Making a difference in someone’s day could be as simple as a smile and a warm welcome.
- Honesty – We believe honesty and trust are the foundation of every relationship. We earn the trust of our swimmers, families, and team members by leading with integrity. Doing the right thing even when no one is watching
- Empathy – The ability to put yourself in someone else’s shoes is a catalyst for personal growth and a deeper understanding of the people around us. The Golden Rule stands strong: treat others how you would want to be treated.
- Community – Our goal is to create an environment where our families and team members have a sense of belonging. We find our strength in caring and being cared for at home, at work, and out in our community.
- Safety – This is at the core of who we are. We find our purpose in educating our community about the dangers of water and the benefits of swimming lessons. Safety in and around the water is the wake that we want to leave behind to make the world a better place.