Is Your Child Swim Team Ready?
We often get asked by parents of students who are older or more advanced, “what’s next?”, “where does my child go from here?” Here at Wisconsin Swim Academy, we offer a class called Swim Team Readiness. This is a class that helps prepare your child for swim team by focusing on endurance, advanced stroke technique, flip turns, diving, and swim team drills. It is a fun and challenging class that will give your child the skills and confidence to join swim team. How do you know if your child is ready? We are going walk you through what skills we require for swim team readiness and what types of skills they will work when when they are ready to join.
What is Swim Team Readiness?
Swim team readiness is a class we offer at Wisconsin Swim Academy to help prepare your child for competitive swimming. Before your child can join swim team readiness, we want to be sure they become proficient in these skills:
- Advanced Front Crawl: Each child must be able to swim this stroke for 25 yards. This is approximately two lengths of the AmericInn Pool. The student should be able to swim WITHOUT STOPPING down and back at the AmericInn and/or the Calumet pools.
- Back Stroke: This includes having a strong consistent kick
- Breast stroke: This is arms and legs in combination and must be proficient with timing
- Butterfly kick: The coaches feel this skill is needed and helpful for the students to know before they reach Swim Team Readiness
- MATURITY: This is very important. We need to make sure your child is fully capable of handling the advanced nature of this class. Swim Team Readiness is typically taught at the Appleton North pool or the Lawrence University pool. The water is cooler than our other locations and we want to make sure this is something each child in the class can handle.
What Will They Learn in Swim Team Readiness?
Swim team readiness is taught by our fantastic instructors who swim for the local swim clubs or on the local high school teams. They have the knowledge and skills to help your child build confidence and strength and start them on the path to swimming competitively.
Once enrolled in swim team readiness, your child will learn swim team drills, flip turns, stand dives, and the butterfly. They will build strength and endurance as well as refine and improve swimming techniques. We want to make sure your child
When Your Swimmer is Ready For Competitive Swim
So your child has been taking Swim Team Readiness at Wisconsin Swim Academy and is now ready for the next level. What do you do? Do some research and find a local swim club that best fits the needs of your child and family. Be prepared to practice, practice, practice! When it comes to swimming competitively, repetition is best–and remember to have fun!
As always, we are here to help. If you have questions or think your child is ready for swim team readiness contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-427-8286.